Throughout my weight loss journey, I have used my fair share of store-bought sugar-free jellies and jams. I decided to stop buying and start making my own versions. I have been using my own version of sugar-free jams for about 6 years now. My family loves my homemade jams, especially the sugar-free peach jams I make. I must admit- there is nothing like biting into a warm slice of toast smothered in jam. I don’t mean to brag (maybe just a little), but people have said that this is the best sugar-free jam they’ve ever had.
I know that chia seed jams have been so popular lately. I have an awesome blueberry chia seed jam recipe you will enjoy. Sometimes chia seeds can add a kind of flavor and texture to jams. This time I just want a chia free jam.
I love the chia seed- no-pectin strawberry jam recipe. This recipe is so easy to make. It takes about 20 minutes to cook and uses gelatin as the thickening agent. You get about 8 ounces of yummy Strawberry sugar-free jam!
I hope you enjoy! Remember to tell me what you think.
Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam
Prep Time: 12 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 32 mins
Servings: 16, 1 tbsp. each
- 8 ounces diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup Swerve sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. lime juice
- 3/4 tsp. Knox Gelatin powder
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the lemon and lime juice.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the strawberries, Swerve, and water. Stir to combine. Bring the strawberries up to a simmer then turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Break up the gelatin and stir into the strawberries to melt. Turn off the heat and adjust sweetness. Let cool.
- Spoon the strawberry jelly into a clean jar, cover and refrigerate.
Note: Use in 7-10 days.