Who doesn’t love a good tortilla? They’re so versatile. I came up with this simple and healthy recipe for the person on the go. Let me know if you like it.
Makes: 16 small tortillas
- 8 large Egg Whites
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 11 tbsp. Water
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp oregano (optional)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp. white pepper (optional)
- Add egg whites, coconut flour, baking powder and water in a bowl. Combine well (should be a watery mixture).
- Add seasonings and mix (optional).
- Heat a skillet over low heat. Wait until the pan is hot, spray with cooking spray, and drop some of the mixtures into the center (I like to use a ½ measuring cup).
- As quickly as possible tilt the skillet on all edge to spread the batter as thin as possible. If needed, you can add more to the areas not covered.
- Allow it to cook for a couple minutes until it starts to rise/bubble or you lift it up and the other side has browned. Flip and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Repeat process until all the batter is cooked.
TIP: If your first tortilla doesn’t spread thin enough on the skillet (comes out more like a pancake) add more water to the egg white mixture and mix!